Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Journey to Love.

Love Thyself was literally a gift from God. After an intense period of fasting, the vision for this concept was downloaded at the speed of light into my mind.

The acute clarity of everything I saw was confirmation that it was straight from the Creator.  Everything I saw and felt was clear. What I did not see at the time were the exact, calculated steps to take in order to see it come to fruition. Since that time, making the leap from concept to something tangible has been an exercise in faith; or more like a dance of bachata swaying between faith and doubt, uncertainty and strength, resolve and retreat. That 'dance' involved the constant deliberation of things like:

"How can I move forward if I'm still not exactly sure of how the path looks? Will people receive this? Will it resonate? Am I capable of executing this vision the way God intended? "

Although I'm still working through that faith exercise, I want to share this gift with you.

What is Love Thyself?
It is an embracing of the abundance of beauty that God has placed within us. A beauty that is not fully apparent to the world until we are able to see it, love it and boldly declare it for ourselves.
 
Love Thyself acknowledges that when women travel within to embrace, appreciate and love themselves - mind, body and spirit - God's light breaks through, power is unleashed, fear is conquered and whole communities are transformed.
 
In spite of the doubt, what I've eventually come to realize is that this is not a destination, nor is it a consciousness level that I've yet achieved or a pinnacle that I have reached. I realized that this is not about me being an expert or guru preaching from a pulpit.  It's an opportunity to connect and grow with other women who might just struggle with some of the same things that I do. It is a journey, taken one step at a time.
 
There is much more to come as this set of ideals grows wings and learns to fly, but for now, this is what matters most. Let's explore this together.

Love + Light,

Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment